Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring in Utah

Spring is one of my most favorite seasons in Utah.
The lush green, pinks, and yellow on various bushes and trees
are breath-taking. I also love the white blossoms on certain
trees that truly make the song "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree"
a reality. The weather is cool and breezy and we spend more time
outside enjoying the beauties that surround us.

Today the homeschooled boys and I went up to Nunns Park
to walk the paved trail that passes Bridal Veil Falls and winds
through Provo Canyon. It was refreshing to be in the canyon
and hear the rushing water from the river and hear the birds singing
their happy songs.

After the the canyon experience we went to play softball. I love softball.
I love how it feels when I strike the ball with the bat. I especially love hearing
the cracking sound of the ball hitting the bat. You know what I'm talking about?
I get a rush from it. Might sound crazy, but it's true. It's fun playing with the boys.

We learned a lot on our adventure today; real life lessons that textbooks can't
teach you about because life experiences are our greatest teachers. Enjoy the pictures
from our "ideal" homeschool day! Wish everyday could be like today. :-)

PS This is the first year we planted a garden. We all helped till the ground to get
it ready for the garden. It took a few Family Home Evenings, but we got it done. Matthew
helped me plant, I was so grateful for his help.

PPS I thought I'd throw in a Mother's Day pic of me too.        The boys aren't in the pic because
a few weren't cooperating, and we were running late for church. I know, how dare they
do that on Mother's Day. :-)

                                                        The Mother
                                           The garden angel Sue gave me
                                            

                                            The bridge at Nunns Park
                                                                 Bridal Veil Falls
                                          A friendly and very muscular stranger offered
                                                to take a picture of us by the Falls!
                                                       The Walk
                                                  Stopping for a photo op
                                                          Crazy kid!
                                                         Isn't it beautiful
                                        Josh was pitching to Andrew while balancing
                                                        on one forearm cane.



No comments:

Post a Comment