Saturday, May 26, 2012

Special Kids!

So this morning we had a wonderful Spina Bifida support group activity 
at the bowling alley. I love going to the different events they offer through-
out the year. It's nice to connect with other moms that are going through the
 same things. It's also really nice to get advice and tips. I always learn some-
thing new when I am with  these moms. It's funny how in the Spina Bifida
community we know each other by our children's names. For example,
"Oh, you are Josh's mom"... and... "Hi, I'm Josh's mom".

 There are many different levels of abilities with each Spina Bifida child
depending on where their lesion was on the spine. So one can never compare,
or wish that there child was doing what this child over here is doing because
it might not even be possible. Each child does the BEST of what they can with
the abilities they've been given. SB(Spina Bifida) kids are fighters and that's
what makes them so special.

This September we are having a fundraiser 5k/10k for Spina Bifida, in Utah County.
I am going to start training for it in June. I do exercise daily, but as we all know running
outside is a different story. I ran the other day and it was hard, but I also felt a sense of
pride that my body could move that way. However, the next day I was in so much pain I
could hardly walk. My body definitely needs to get used to it. Thank heavens for
doTerra essential oils and their Deep Blue Rub. I've never had ANY desire to run outside.
The only reason I am doing this is because I want to support my son. Josh can't run
or walk without assistance so I have no excuse not to participate in this cause because
 I have full functioning legs. The cause is worth it and who knows maybe I will become
a lover of running... NOT... I love my yoga and aerobics classes too much.

Pictures from the bowling alley :

                                                                Watch me bowl
                                                   There goes my bowling ball
                                                            One of his SB friends
                                         Another SB friend! They have matching canes!

No comments:

Post a Comment