Friday, April 27, 2012

Renewal

Well I made it through another semester at UVU. I missed about 4 weeks of class (near the end of the semester) because I started homeschooling my 3 youngest, and I still got decent grades. I got an A in my Drugs, Behavior, and Society class and a B+ in my upper division Principles of Community Health class. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

 Today I attended UVU convocation exercises because a friend of mine was graduating. I started tearing up thinking if my day would ever come. I felt so proud for the graduates and all their hard work and the pride they must have felt at that moment. Now that I'm homeschooling, college is on the back burner. I felt a tinge of regret for taking a leave of absence from college. Then as the graduates were coming through the veiled entrance to the stage one by one, I visualized myself coming through the real veil that separates us from heaven, and I imagined friends, family, and loved ones cheering me on as my name was called to step forward. What an honor that would be to know I had graduated from earth life with honors. That I had got my Phd in motherhood and was ready for the eternal work of motherhood that lie ahead. Yes, education is important, but motherhood is the essence of heaven! The regret left and I was proud that I chose to put my children first.

I share this not to make anyone feel guilty for getting their education and having a career. I realize we all have different avenues we have to follow and we know what's best for our families, and so does the Lord. I share it because it gave me a sense of RENEWAL in my calling as a mother. Maybe it can shed some perspective for those who think that life as a stay at home mom is passing them by. All mothers are engaged in the greatest, most challenging work. President David O. McKay said, " She who rears successfully a family of ... beautiful sons and daughters...deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God". What a tribute!  Happy weekend!


                                               My short hair 3-1/2 inches off!


No comments:

Post a Comment