Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Big Day!

Joshua was baptized today. It was a very special day. A lot of very dear people in our lives were in attendance. It was bittersweet for me as a mother- as this is my youngest and last child- that I will witness being baptized into Jesus Christ's church.

There were a few bloops and blunders in the dressing room. Luckily, we had it all to ourselves.  I accidentally pulled Josh's orthotic too quickly out of his shoe and it hit him in the lip. He started crying. I felt horrible. Those orthotics are some hard plastic. Plus, there was another blunder which is too embarrassing to share, and only Spina Bifida moms could relate.

When Josh was getting changed,after he was baptized, he told me , "Wow, that was cool. Can I do that again?" He also told me when he was confirmed a member and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost he felt the Holy Ghost's presence. He got teary eyed. He said, "Now mom I will cry like you do when you feel the Spirit". Such precious moments shared.

I was so proud of Matthew for giving the baptismal talk. He did such a good job. I loved hearing my sister bear her sweet testimony. I loved seeing and visiting with so many dear people I am privileged to know and associate with.

I only have a few pictures to share, but at least we got some as a keepsake.

Grandpa baptizing Josh

Mom and the baptism boy

Precious moment!

All smiles

A and I

Spina Bifida Kids Rock!!


No comments:

Post a Comment