Sunday, January 20, 2013

Catching up...

I have mentioned in many posts about my missionary trainer that lives next door...literally.
Well, I finally have a picture of us together. Her name is Bobbie Jo. We served together in Roy, UT. Yup...just up the road a ways. My kids and her kids are friends, and so are we, of course. Who knew? Small world when you serve a mission in Utah and come back to live in Utah.
 
 
 
 
-doTERRA moment-
doTERRA Melaleuca essential oil- This oil is good for lots of skin disorders as well as for ear infections. Joshua gets pressure sores every once in a while from his orthotics (leg braces). Before the oils I used to use various medicated creams to try and help with the healing of the sore. It would take at least one month to scab up and start healing. I used Melaleuca for a very bad pressure sore once and it only took 3 days to scab up and start healing. I couldn't believe it.
 
Melaleuca also has analgesic, antibacterial, anti fungal, and anti-infectious properties... a win win situation. I personally have used it for an ear infection. I could feel an ear infection coming on so I put drops of Melaleuca oil on a cotton ball and taped it to my ear. Well.. I actually felt more pain for the next 16 hours after that because it was drawing out whatever was causing the infection. It was working to rid of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. When I woke up the next morning my ear was fine. Next time I'll be smart and rub lavender oil around my ear to calm the pain. Until next time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment