Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Big 4 - O!

I recently entered my fourth decade of living. My birthday was magical. It was wonderful. I started out the morning by driving to the Manti temple to see my friend Ka"trina" get sealed to her sweetheart. The drive was so peaceful and beautiful. The little city of Manti has a special feeling to it. The temple has an even more special feeling...I can't explain it. I truly felt like I was on sacred ground being in the Historic Manti temple. We got to walk up the spiral staircase to the sealing room . That was a sacred experience and one I can't share. Being in the sealing room was amazing and the words from the sealer awe-inspiring. It was neat to see the love in my friend's eyes for her husband. I felt honored to be there. I headed home after the temple and spent several hours with my boys. I opened their gifts and they sang Happy Birthday to me. We had Costco Key Lime Pie. Then in the evening I was to meet my sister Anna-Maria at PF Changs in Orem for dinner. Upon my arrival I was pleasantly surprised to see a booth with 3 extra people. I hadn't expected them, and it was so nice. I love surprises! We missed you - Heather, Bobbie, and Becky... maybe next year. We enjoyed delicious food and each other's company. After PF Changs , I was off to see The Sound of Music at the Scera Outdoor Theatre. What an amazing production! I got lots of gifts, cards, texts, and money for my birthday. I felt so special and so loved...ALL DAY!! I like to tell people 40 is the new 30 because I still feel young. Thank you everyone for making my day special! Love you! P.S. I almost forgot to mention that the Thompson's (our home teachers) brought over a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate cake... another surprise!

PF Changs

PF Changs

Manti Temple

Key Lime Pie (the circle of cream is supposed to represent the zero in 40)

Me with the 3 youngest

The bedspread is a birthday gift from my 14 year old. What a sweetie!

Flowers from the Thompsons



No comments:

Post a Comment