Friday, September 7, 2012

Memoirs

I have always loved reading books particularly those of a non-fiction nature.
I love reading true stories because of the principles and lessons taught.
Recently I've discovered how much I LOVE reading memoirs. A memoir is "a
record of events based on the writer's personal knowledge". I have  read four
memoirs recently. I love reading how other REAL people have overcome difficulties
and tragedies in their personal lives. I love how they share what they've learned in a very
intimate way. One day I might even write a memoir of my own because my life has
been full of tragedy (not just from the divorce), and I have gained a wealth of knowledge
because of it.

Hilary Weeks wrote a song about this concept and it's called "Beautiful Heartbreak". 
Here are the words to the chorus of the song :
"Every fear, every doubt, all the pain I went through
Was the price that I paid to see this view
And now that I'm here I would never trade
The grace that I feel and the faith that I find
Through the bittersweet tears and the sleepless nights
I used to pray he'd take it all away
But instead it became
A BEAUTIFUL HEARTBREAK"

The following are the inspiring memoirs I've read:




 
If you think your life has been hard, immerse yourself in one of these
memoirs and you will be in good company!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment